5 things to watch: Spurs vs. Sixers
Philadelphia 76ers' Joel Embiid (21) shoots as 76ers' Jimmy Butler, center, and San Antonio Spurs' Jakob Poeltl look on during the first half of an NBA basketball game, Monday, Dec. 17, 2018, in San Antonio. (AP Photo/Darren Abate)
SAN ANTONIO -- The San Antonio Spurs (27-21) will visit the Philadelphia 76ers (31-17) tonight. The Spurs lead the Sixers 1-0 in the season series.
The Spurs are coming off a 103-95 loss to the Clippers. LaMarcus Aldridge recorded his sixth 30-plus scoring night of the season, securing a double-double with 30 points and 14 rebounds in the loss.
The Sixers are coming off a 121-93 win over the Rockets. Joel Embiid had 32 points in the win for the 76ers.
Here are five things to watch for tonight:
- The Spurs are 4-2 on the road versus the East this season.
- The Spurs are 3-12 on the road when trailing after the third period.
- The Spurs are 2-0 in their last two road games posting 110.5 points per game.
- The 76ers are 20-5 at home averaging 119.0 points per game.
- The 76ers are 4-2 at home in January posting 124.0 points per game, and boast a plus/minus of +14.8.