With SXSW comes major road closures
AUSTIN, Texas —
It’s officially festival season here in Austin, and people are already starting to pour in from all corners of the world for SXSW.
With all of those new faces, we also get some road closures.
The city’s map of closures is so complicated, it looks more like a blueprint for a computer chip.
So here’s the simple rundown of your full closures around town:
- 6th Street will close from I-35 to South Congress
- You won’t be able to get on Red River between 5th and 10th, nor Brazos Street and Sabine Street between 5th to 7th
- Keep in mind, there are also small closures on 4th and Trinity
- South of there, 2nd and 3rd are closed though the 18th from Trinity to San Jacinto
- And so is Trinity between 4th and Cesar Chavez.
- Closer to the river, Rainey Street is closed from Driskill to Cummings.
- Driskill Street -- from I-35 to Red River, with various side road barricades in the area as well.
- And starting Monday, Riverside Dr. will be off limits between south 1st and Lee Barton.
- Dawson and Bouldin are also closed south of Barton Springs next Thursday through Saturday.
There are many, many more partial closures, which you can track live here.