Man dies after not making it out of house fire
A man died early Sunday morning after a house started on fire.
Authorities said there was heavy smoke coming out of a house on the 900 block of Saddlebrook Drive Sunday morning around 12 a.m. The home owner made it out of the house but a 64-year-old man was still inside.
When firefighters arrived at the scene, they were able to pull the man out of the house. Emergency crews performed CPR on him but he was pronounced dead at the scene. The house is a total loss.
Arson was called to investigate and the Red Cross was called to help with assistance.