Ground beef sold at Sam's Club, Target nationwide recalled due to possible E. coli
SAN ANTONIO -- Cargill Meat Solutions is recalling more than 130,000 pounds of its ground beef due to a possible E. coli contamination.
The beef was sold at the following retailers:
- Aldi Stores in Iowa, Illinois, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin
- FoodMaxx Stores in California
- Meijer -- Nationwide
- Pak N Save Stores in California
- Safeway/Albertson's -- Nationwide
- Sam's Club -- Nationwide
- Target -- Nationwide
- Vons Stores in California
The product was made from the chuck portion of the carcass that may be contaminated with Escherichia coli O26. Those infected may begin to experience symptoms between two to eight days and may experience diarrhea (often bloody) and vomiting.
If you bought the product, please throw them away and do not consume it or return it to the place of purchase for a refund.
For more information about the recall, click here.