Emergency Operations Center issues winter weather report for San Antonio, Bexar County
SAN ANTONIO -- The City of San Antonio / Bexar County Emergency Operations Center issued a report Tuesday morning to provide an update on the winter weather situation in our area.
- San Antonio-area road closures
- Business closures
- School cancellations/delays for Tuesday
- School delays/closures for Wednesday
The report states that they are currently staffed with the following agencies: City of San Antonio Office of Emergency Management; SAPD; SAFD; STRAC; Transportation & Capital Improvements; CPS Energy; VIA Transit; Texas Division of Emergency Management; Transguide; and Bexar County.
Report (as of 10:45 a.m.):
National Weather Service Report: A Winter Storm Warning and Winter Weather Advisory are in effect for South-Central Texas. Locations in the warning area could see a mix of freezing rain and sleet accumulations of around 1/10 of an inch to up to 1/4 of an inch resulting in significant and dangerous travel impacts through late Tuesday afternoon. Slightly less amounts of sleet and freezing rain are expected in the advisory areas, but roads could still be dangerous. There is also a chance snow could mix in across some areas along the Rio Grande, Hill Country, and Central Texas before the precipitation ends late this afternoon. Please avoid any non-essential travel Tuesday morning and afternoon.
• Working 11 Motor Vehicle Collisions
• 2 Structure Fire Calls (1 working)
• 2 EMS calls for Heat/Cold Exposures
• Working 49 accidents (as of 10:40 a.m.)
• 12 outages affecting 1,380 customers
• Up-to-date outages can be viewed here: http://outagemap.cpsenergy.com/CPSStaticMapsEXT/CPSStaticMapV2_EXT.html
• Runways are operating with some flights being cancelled or delayed.
• Airport Emergency Manager will continue to monitor and report back OEM as conditions worsen.
• Consolidated Rental (CONRAC) facility dedication event for today at 2 p.m. has been cancelled consistent with other events throughout the City. The CONRAC facility, however, will open as scheduled at midnight tonight. The traveling public will use this location to rent vehicles beginning at midnight tonight.
• All bus service operating on regular schedule. Delays are possible in some areas.
City of San Antonio Road Closures: (up-to-date City street closures can be accessed at http://www.sanantonio.gov/TCI/News-and-Media/Street-Closures/Emergency-Street-Closures)
1. Buena Vista at Frio
2. Commerce St. W at Frio
3. Cupples Road at Roselawn
4. Guadalupe St. at Frio
5. Kirk Place at Niemeyer
6. Thousand Oaks at Schertz Rd
7. Judson at Stahl
8. Rittiman at Grantham
9. Nacogdoches at Titian
TxDot Road Closures:
1. Loop 410 & I-10 Interchange – I-10 East to Loop 410 Direct Connector Ramps Closed for Treatment
2. Loop 1604 & I-35 Interchange – City of Live Oak Shut Down All Ramps
3. Loop 410 & I-37 Interchange – Southbound I-37 to Eastbound Loop 410 and Northbound I-37 to Westbound Loop 410 (Accident)
4. Loop 410 & US 281 Interchange – Westbound 410 to US 281 South Direct Connector Closed
5. Wurzbach Pkwy at Wetmore Rd – Cloverleaf Ramps Closed
6. I-10 near Boerne Stage Rd – Westbound I-10 (Accident)