Rodents and flies earn one local Chinese food place a failing health inspection score
SAN ANTONIO —
Wen Wah Chinese restaurant located at 531 N New Braunfels Avenue, received an inspection score of 67 conducted by the Metro Health Department. Anything below 70 is considered failing.
The health inspector found several violations including:
- Two cans of food had sharp dents on its seams and sides. The cans had to be thrown out or returned for credit.
- Pots stored on a drying rack had food left on them.
- Employees were wearing gloves, but they didn't wash their hands between glove and job changes. Employees were seen touching their pants, working they drive-through and front counter.
- Rice was found sitting in bins under a dirty vent.
- Food was placed on a serving window that had food debris and dust on it.
- Flies were observed.
- And rodent droppings on canned goods and a cardboard box full of packaged noodles.
Because all of these issues there will be a re-inspection and everything must be corrected by January of next year.