Pesticides, chemicals, and much more lead to a seafood restaurant failing its inspection
SAN ANTONIO —
La Playa Mexican Restaurant, located at 3201 West Poplar Street , scored a 67. Anything below a 70 is considered failing.
Inspectors cited the restaurant for:
- Food wasn't served at proper temperatures
- Employees who had to be reminded to wash their hands
- Dirty equipment
- Chemicals stored with food
- Pesticides not approved for use in a commercial establishment
A deeper look into this restaurant, shows that it passed its previous inspections during the past two years:
- On September 8, 2017, it scored a 98
- It got the same 98 score on May 18
- And on December 23, 2016, La Playa scored a 94.
The violations mentioned have to be taken care of by March.