One local restaurant fails health inspection after several violations uncovered
SAN ANTONIO —
La Bandera Molino Mexican restaurant located at 2619 North Zarzamora scored a 67 on its recent inspection conducted by the Metro Health department. Anything below 70 is considered a failing score.
The health inspectors found several violations including:
- Utensils not properly washed
- No Thermometer provided in the refrigerator
- Floors, walls, ceiling, the walk in freezer and the walk in cooler had not been cleaned
- Employees touching ready-to-eat- food without gloves
A deeper look into La Bandera Molino shows it passed its three other inspections this year.:
- On Sept. 14, it got it highest score of 90.
- On May 24, it got a 90 again.
- On Jan. 24, it got a 88.
Because of all of the current issues there will be a re-inspection and everything must be corrected by January of next year.