A lack of hand washing and food on the floor get a meat market in trouble
SAN ANTONIO —
Culebra Meat Market #15 located at 2424 Guadalupe Street, scored a 64 on its latest health inspection conducted by the Metro Health Department. Anything below a 70 is considered failing.
Inspectors cited the market for:
- Employees changing gloves without washing their hands
- Debris on the ceiling of a walk-in-cooler
- Mold like-debris on soda runners, a cutting board and inside a meat case
- Ceiling falling down over a meat case
- A rack of ribs on top of a dirty cardboard box with no packaging or protection
A deeper look into this market, shows that it passed its previous inspections over the last year:
- December 2017, it received a 91
- June 2017, it got an 89
- February 2017, Culebra Meat Market, received its highest score a 93.
Some of the violations have already been corrected and the rest have to be taken care of by July.