News 4 - Search Results
Death by underpants: Man OD's on underwear
By JOSIE GARCIA
News 4 San Antonio
JESSAMINE COUNTY, KY - A jail inmate is dead and police say he died by swallowing drug-soaked underwear.
Corey McQueary, 33, died on August 21.
According to Kentucky State Police, another inmate, 55-year-old Michael Jones, soaked a pair of his underwear in liquid methadone while he was out on furlough. He allegedly wore them back to the jail where he's accused of tearing them up
and sharing the pieces with his cell mates, including McQueary.
After ingesting the piece of drug-laced underwear, McQueary complained to the jail staff that he felt ill, but did not tell them he'd eaten the underwear.
He was checked out by a doctor, and was found dead early the next morning.
Jailers said the methadone-soaked underwear is something that would be nearly impossible to catch.
"Contraband is a constant problem at any facility across the state. You can do everything that you can do, you know strip searches, not allowed to bring anything such as books or any other paraphernalia into the facility," said Jon
Sallee, Jessamine County Jailer.
Jones is now charged with McQueary's murder.