5 things to watch: Spurs vs. Knicks
The San Antonio Spurs (25-12) will kicks off the new year on the road versus the New York Knicks (18-18). The Spurs are 1-0 versus the Knicks this season. Kawhi Leonard (return from injury management) is probable for tonight’s game. Rudy Gay (right heel bursitis) is out.
The Spurs are coming off a 93-79 loss to the Pistons. LaMarcus Aldridge had 15 points and 11 rebounds in the loss.
The Knicks are coming off a 105-103 win over the Pelicans. Kristaps Porzingis led the Knicks with 30 points and seven rebounds.
And as the Spurs look to start 2018 on the right foot, here are five things to watch in tonight's game:
- The Knicks are 15-6 at home, averaging 107.3 points per game.
- The Knicks are averaging 45.6 paint points at home while allowing 36.6 paint points for the opposition.
- The Knicks are allowing 103.7 points per game at home.
- San Antonio is 12-5 against the Eastern Conference.
- San Antonio is 2-11 when scoring 95 points or less.