5 things to watch: Spurs vs. Grizzlies
The San Antonio Spurs (52-15) will visit Memphis to face the Grizzlies (39-30) in a Southwest Division showdown. The Spurs are 0-1 against the Grizzlies this season.
The Spurs are coming off a 106-110 loss to the Blazers at home. Kawhi Leonard led the Spurs with 34 points and 9 rebounds while LaMarcus Aldridge had 19 points.
The Grizzlies are coming off a 103-91 win over the Hawks. Marc Gasol had 18 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists in the win.
And as the Spurs look to even up the regular-season series against the Grizzlies, here are five things to watch in tonight's game:
- Memphis owns a 15?6 record this season in “super?clutch” games, defined as contests in which the score is within a margin of three points in the final minute of regulation or overtime.
- Memphis is 4?0 this season when Mike Conley, Gasol and Zach Randolph hit for 20 points each.
- The Grizzlies are 10?0 this season when shooting at least 50 percent from the field.
- Memphis' Randolph leads the NBA in double?doubles off the bench (17) this season.
- The Spurs are 21-2 on the road when leading after the third period.