Indian restaurant's leaky sinks and dirty refrigerator lead to failing health score
SAN ANTONIO - Cafe Bahar, located at 10227 Ironside Drive, scored a 66 on its latest health inspection conducted by the Bexar County Metro Health Department. Anything below 70 is considered failing. Health inspectors cited the restaurant for:
- Refrigerator units that weren't keeping food cold enough
- Refrigerator units were dirty
- Kitchen walls and floors were dirty
- Knives stored in dirty holders
- Leaks in a hand sink and dishwashing sink
- No running water in both the men's and women's restrooms
Surprisingly, this restaurant has done really well on inspections over the past year.
- It scored a 98 just three months ago
- A perfect 100 in January
- And a 98 in October of 2016
The violations mentioned had to be taken care of immediately. The restaurant has to fix lesser violations by March 4.