Town Hall: 'Stopping Child Abuse'
SAN ANTONIO - Bexar County ranks fourth in the number of child abuse cases in Texas. The roundtable consisted of child abuse advocates who have been fighting at the local and state level to create new laws to better protect children. We also looked at the challenges these advocates face and heard what they think can be done to make their jobs easier and more effective.
Watch it here:
- Kim Abernethy, President and CEO of ChildSafe
- Erica Banuelos, Regional Director of Child Protective Services
- Meredith Chacon, Assistant District Attorney, Bexar County District Attorney’s Office
- Shirley Gonzales, San Antonio Councilwoman, District 5
- Annette Rodriguez, President and CEO of the Children’s Shelter
- Honorable Peter Sakai, Judge of Bexar County Children’s Court (pending)
- Randy Beamer
- Emily Baucum