MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Fire chief suffers electric shock from live wire while responding to grass fire

(MGN Online)

While responding to a grass fire, the Nixon fire chief suffered an electric shock and was hospitalized after coming in contact with a live electrical wire.

Interim City Manager Harold Rice said the Nixon Volunteer Fire Department was called out to a grass fire on Friday about 2 miles west of Nixon on Highway 87. While responding to the fire, Nixon Fire Chief Mark Mendez came in contact with a live electrical wire.

Mendez was transported to the hospital in critical, but stable condition. He is expected to survive and make a recovery.

The Gonzalez Fire Department shared their thoughts and prayers on Facebook to Mendez and his fire department:


Trending