MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Dog survives with cable wire embedded around its neck

A veterinarian operates on Stanford, a Retriever mix, who suffered from a cable wire embedded in his neck (Photos: San Antonio Humane Society)

SAN ANTONIO - An injured Retriever mix dog is recovering at a local animal shelter after surgery to remove an embedded wire in his neck.

The San Antonio Humane Society said the dog, named Stanford, was suffering from obvious neglect when a good Samaritan brought the animal to the Northwest Side facility.

In Stanford's neck, a cable wire was embedded about a half-inch deep. A veterinarian used wire cutters to remove the wire during surgery.

While he is doing better, the gruesome injury left a severe wound all the way around Stanford's neck. The San Antonio Humane Society said he will likely suffer months of pain due to tissue damage and infection.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending