BABY NEW YEAR: San Antonio welcomes 1st baby born in 2018
SAN ANTONIO - Northeast Baptist Hospital rang in the New Year with the first baby born in 2018.
Sergio Marcel Gomez was born at 12:22 a.m., weighing 7 pounds, 9 ounces.
For the 18th year in a row, area hospitals have come together to welcome San Antonio’s Baby New Year by contributing gifts and working together at midnight with Labor & Delivery Unit staff across the city to determine which hospital delivers the first baby.
The New Year’s Baby gift package includes:
- A gift basket donated by Baptist Health System
- A gift basket donated by Brooke Army Medical Center
- Infant activity center donated by CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System
- $75 Target gift card and Spurs onesie donated by Methodist Healthcare System
- $150 gift card and diaper bag from Southwest General Hospital
- Infant car seat and portable playpen donated by University Health System
- A $10,000 scholarship donated by the University of the Incarnate Word
- Diaper kit and backpack baby carrier donated by Community First Health Plans