5 things to watch as Kawhi returns tonight for Spurs vs. Mavericks
UPDATE 12:20pm: Kawhi Leonard will make his season debut tonight when the Spurs visit Dallas, according to Spurs coach Gregg Popovich.
The San Antonio Spurs (19-8) will visit the Dallas Mavericks (7-20) tonight as the Spurs will look to win their fourth-straight.
The Spurs are coming off a 104-101 win over the Suns. LaMarcus Aldridge had 20 points and three blocks in the win.
The Mavs are coming off a 97-92 loss to the Timberwolves. Harrison Barnes had 19 points in the loss.
And as the Spurs look to win their fourth-straight over Dallas, here are five things to watch in tonight's game:
- The Spurs are now 6-0 when Tony Parker plays.
- The Spurs are 6-0 on the road when leading at halftime.
- In the last five games, the Spurs are averaging 101.8 points and are 4-1.
- Mavs' J.J. Barea is averaging 16.0 points, 5.5 rebounds, 5.0 assists, 2.0 steals and 24.5 minutes in two games against the Spurs in 2017-18.
- The Mavs are 2-3 in the last five games averaging 102.8 points.
Kawhi's debut? Spurs list Leonard as probable for Tuesday
DALLAS (AP) San Antonio's Kawhi Leonard is expected to make his season debut Tuesday when the Spurs visit Dallas.
Leonard has missed all 27 of the Spurs' games this season while recovering from right quadriceps tendinopathy, a condition that causes pain and weakness in the knee.
Leonard last played in Game 1 of last season's Western Conference finals. He hurt his left ankle in the opener of that series against Golden State, turning it while trying to land after a jump shot and coming down on the foot of Warriors center Zaza Pachulia.
The Spurs are listing Leonard as probable. Even without Leonard, who averaged a career-best 25.5 points last season and is a two-time defensive player of the year, the Spurs are 19-8 this season and third in the Western Conference.