Worker seen placing food in mouth then preparing food for customers
San Antonio —
Taco Express Cafe, 3659 Culebra Road, scored a 64 on its latest inspection conducted by the Bexar Metro Health Department. A score below 70 is considered failing. Health inspectors found several violations, including:
- silverware washing was not being done properly. The restaurant was using water with a high bleach content. Bleach shouldn't be used.
- cloth towels were being stored in a water above allowed bleach levels.
- bottles of medication were seen sitting on top of an ice machine.
- hand sinks were being used to store items.
- an employee seen placing food in mouth, then preparing tacos without proper handwashing.
Because of the number of violations and score, a re-inspection will take place June 14th.
Blue Plate Awarded to Magnolia Pancake Haus
This week's News 4 San Antonio's Blue Plate Award goes to Magnolia Pancake Haus, 606 Embassy Oaks, Suite 100. The breakfast hot spot was a dream of Robert and Sheila Fleming to create a restaurant that shows their passion for great food.
"I will tell you something it doesn't happen in a vacuum. We have fabulous teams at both Magnolia's. These are professionals who are bring every day. This is Marcus one of our managers. This is about them. My thanks go out to my team the superstars that make it happen ," says owner Robert Fleming.
The Flemings opened a second location last year at 10333 Huebner Road.
Congratulations guys, thanks for keeping your kitchen squeaky clean.