Roaches in kitchen among list of issues leading to restaurant's failed health inspection
SAN ANTONIO —
Mi Celayence Mexican Restaurant, located at 2903 Fredericksburg Road scored a 54 on its recent inspection conducted by the Metro Health Department. Anything below 70 is considered a failing score.
The health inspector found several violations including:
- Food debris on cooler shelves, a water heater closet, and ceilings
- A leak in the washing sink faucet
- No utensils with handles for bulk food items
- Fiberglass exposed on a broken freezer lid
- A broken window above the three compartment sink
- Employees not washing their hands before putting gloves on
- Roaches in the kitchen
A deeper look into Mi Celayence Mexican Restaurant shows it passed its three other inspections this year.
- On September 26 it got 79.
- On May 26 it got its highest score of 93.
- And on January 6, it got a 84.
Because of all of the current issues there will be a re-inspection and everything must be corrected by January of next year.