Roach droppings found during inspection
SAN ANTONIO —
For a second consecutive week the city's Metro Health Department didn't find a failing restaurant. Anything above 70 is considered a passing score. La Capital Del Sabor, 502 Bandera Rd, San Antonio, TX 78228, scored the lowest this week with a 73. Again, a passing score, but inspectors did find some violations that need to be corrected.
- Raw meat was stored above ready-to-eat foods in the cold hold unit
- The cold hold unit was not down to the required 41 degrees
- Food surfaces were soiled from food debris
- Roach droppings were found on a lid in the storage room
- Dead roaches were found on a glue trap under storage shelves in a back room
Blue Plate Award
This week's Blue Plate award went to Buon Giorno Cafe, 15033 Nacogdoches Rd # 201, San Antonio, TX 78247.
This fun, little coffee house indoor decor is highlighted with photo-filled walls and stacks of books.
The menu offers plenty to choose, with soups, sandwiches and desserts.