Special Advertiser Content
Raw pork marinating with dead roaches
SAN ANTONIO - Bexar County Metro Health inspectors fail a Northside restaurant, while the News 4 Trouble Shooters award a Blue Plate to a Medical Center mainstay.
Taqueria Vallarta gets a failing score
Mexican restaurant Taqueria Vallarta #6 located at 3333 West Ave #16 received a failing score of 69 from inspectors. Several violations were found, including
- A strainer and large container, both dirty, sitting on a shelf next to clean equipment
- A rodent powder all along the baseboard in back room where the mop sink was located
- Foods didn't have required use by/discard dates
- An employee's open snack bag was on top of a reach-in freezer
- Half-sealed package of uncooked pork was left in a dirty pan that was filled with a yellowish liquid and dead roaches
Mencius Gourmet Hunan Chinese Restaurant is awarded Blue Plate
This week's Blue Plate award goes to Mencius Gourmet Hunan Chinese Restaurant on 7959 Fredericksburg Rd, in the Oak Hills Shopping Center. Even with their usual lunch rush, they go above and beyond to accommodate their customer's schedules. It is known for having delicious beef fried rice, early bird specials, and a large variety of sushi. This restaurant has been around more than 25 years and are being awarded its first Blue Plate!
Congratulations guys, and thanks for keeping your kitchen squeaky clean!
Check out the other restaurant inspection scores here.