Knives were stored before cleaning in a Mexican restaurant
SAN ANTONIO —
Casa Guadalajara Bar Grill, located at 2623 Loop 410 North East, scored 68 on its latest inspection conducted by the Bexar Metro Health Department. A scored below 70 is considered failing. Health inspectors found several violations including:
- Potentially hazardous foods stored at 48-51 degrees, an unsafe temperature, the food had to be thrown out
- Employees observed cooking using bare hands and failing to wash them prior to putting gloves on
- Hand sink was used for defrosting meats
- Kitchen area where food is prepared is dirty, soiled and had food residue
- Thawing food in hand sink
- Knives stored before cleaning
Because of the number of violations and score, a re-inspection will take place on August 8th.
BLUE PLATE AWARDED TO LISA’S MEXICAN RESTAURANT
This week's News 4 San Antonio's Blue Plate Award goes to Lisa's Mexican Restaurant, 815 Bandera Road.
Its owned and operated by Alicia Cendejas and her daughter Carla Ruiz. It was founded by Lisa Wong in 1981 at its original West Commerce Street location. Because of their hard work and dedication, Alicia and Carla expanded the restaurant to its new location.