Waste water dripping into food at Mexican restaurant
SAN ANTONIO —
Metro Health inspectors found some issues at Northeast Side Mexican restaurant. Teka Molino, 1007 Rittiman Road, scored a 68 on its latest inspection. A score below 70 is considered a failing score. Among the issues the found:
- Cooler shelves and a can opener with built up debris
- employees with loose hair on the prep line
- employees eating on the prep line
- a cutting board that was melted
- an uncapped drain above the kitchen hand sink. Grey water was seen dripping onto nearby food
Blue Plate Award
Congratulations goes out this week to infusa cafe, this week's Blue Plate winner for its perfect score. This charming little restaurant is on the ground floor of the Frost Bank building at 1250 on NE Loop 410, Suite 34.
Infusa infuses organic ingredients into traditional recipes for a very delicious flavor. It's a breakfast and lunch place, so get there before it closes at 2:30 p.m.
Congratulations guys, and thanks for keeping your kitchen squeaky clean!