Dead roaches, and more led to a Mexican restaurant failing its latest inspection
SAN ANTONIO —
SAN ANTONIO - Pancho's Mexican Restaurant located at 1005 Old highway 90 West scored a 66 on its recent inspection conducted by the Metro Health Department. Anything below 70 is considered a failing score.
The health inspector found several violations including...
- Employees touching ready-to-eat-food without gloves
- Employees using utensils, opening a refrigerator, and touching their clothes after touching food
- Dead roaches on the storage room floor
- Spatulas and a container were melted and chipped
- An employee tossing food or trash into a trash can that was next to containers full of ready-to-eat food
A deeper look into Pancho's shows it passed its previous inspections this year...
- On July, 11 a score of 95.
- On February, 28 a score of 83.
There will be a re-inspection and everything must be corrected by January of next year.