Meat draining on floor, ice machine mildew and lint on food leads to inspection failure
SAN ANTONIO - Beijing Express Chinese Restaurant, located at 5203 Fredericksburg Road, scored a 63 in its latest health inspection conducted by the Metro Health Department. Anything below a 70 is considered failing.
Inspectors cited the restaurant for:
- Employees not washing their hands or wearing gloves when working with food
- Mildew inside the ice machine
- Refrigerator without thermometers
- Meat was placed on the floor to drain
- Found lint and dust on food
A deeper look into this restaurant, shows that it passed its previous inspections in the past two years...
- On Sept. 25, 2017 it scored a 89
- It got a 94, its highest score on Feb 13, 2017
- And on Nov. 14, 2016 Beijing Express scored a 82
The violations mentioned have to be taken care of by April.