Food not kept cold, no hot water and holes in walls at the Oasis Cafe Downtown
SAN ANTONIO - Oasis Cafe, located at 323 Main Avenue, scored a 63 on its latest health inspection conducted by the Bexar County Metro Health Department. Anything below 70 is considered a failing.
Health inspectors cited the restaurant for:
- Food items that should be stored below 41 degrees were at 50
- Raw meat was stored too closely to precooked foods
- Employees who had to be reminded to wash their hands
- No hot water at the hand washing sink
- Dishes inside the hand washing sink
- Gloves not worn while handling lettuce and tortillas
- Several cans of Raid for Roaches, household chemicals are not allowed
- Several areas with cracked, damaged, and gaps in walls
A deeper look into Oasis Cafe shows it passed its previous inspections this year:
- On April 17, it scored a 88
- On July 24, an 88
- It scored its highest score of 90 in November 2016
Some improvements were made, while others have to be done by the end of February.