Bare hands used to prepare food at San Antonio restaurant
SAN ANTONIO —
El Sol Mexican Restaurant, 1815 Pleasanton Road, scored 69 on its latest inspection conducted by the Bexar Metro Health Department. A score below 70 is considered failing. Health inspections found several violations, including:
- Employee's drinks, some without lids, being stored above both food prep areas and stored food items
- Hot foods next to the steam table weren’t at the proper hot temperature
- Raws eggs stored improperly
- Spoons stored improperly; forcing employees to touch the end that makes contact with food
- Food handled with bare hands
Because of the number of violations and score, a re-inspection will take place June 21st.
Blue Plate Awarded to Frontier Burger
This week's News 4 San Antonio 's Blue Plate Award goes to Frontier Burger, 838 North East Loop 410.
"This is for our customers. They know we keep it safe and we keep it clean for them," said Noe Escamilla.
The restaurant opened just last year, more than 40 years after the last one closed.
Congratulations guys! Thanks for keeping your kitchen squeaky clean.